Excursion destinations in Ötztal
IN AND AROUND ÖTZTAL
In addition to the adventure playground of the great outdoors, numerous excursion destinations are within easy reach of the Falknerhof promising you unforgettable holiday memories for the whole family. Discover everything there is to know and see in the Ötztal and give you and your loved ones holiday experiences to remember and smile about for ever.
The Falknerhof is the perfect starting point to explore the numerous excursion destinations in the region. Whether family fun, a group excursion or a trip for two – the offer is varied and colourful. Interesting museums, an impressive nature reserve, encounters with animals, water fun, dizzying tests of courage or an adventure playground. You decide where to go first.
In 1991 Ötzi the Iceman was found in the Ötz valley. In the Ötzi village museum you embark on a journey back in time to the Neolithic age..
- Children’s tour “In Ötzi’s footsteps"
- Adventurous Stone Age days
- Stone Age adventure days
- Children’s camps run by the Tyrol survival school
- 1:1 replica of the Ötzi site.
NATURE PARK ÖTZTAL
The Tyrolean government only awards the title of “Nature Park” to areas of great natural beauty, the Ötz valley is proud to have been awarded this.
- Highest mountain in Tyrol: Wildspitze (3768 m)
- Over 50 years of alpine research
- Highest Moorland in the Eastern Alps
- Highest waterfall Tyrol: Stuibenfall
- Largest glacier of the Eastern Alps
- Location of discovery of the Iceman Ötzi
- Highest apiary in Tyrol
WATER FUN IN ÖTZTAL
Aqua Dome Längenfeld
Thermal spa only 15 minutes away from the Hotel Falknerhof
Swimming lake in Umhausen
A swimming lake underneath Tyrol’s highest waterfall
Natural mountain lake in Ötz at 950m above sea level
At the start of the Ötz valley lies a water world of fun.
Climbing garden, Mega-swing, Flying Fox, rafting and canyoning
Swimming lake including a waterslide park, water jumping ramp and diving tower
Fast-food junkies will not be disappointed in the Lakeside Restaurant
BIRDS OF PREY PARK & STUIBEN WATERFALL
Young and old will be amazed at the flying display at the foot of the waterfall.
- Highest waterfall in Tyrol (159m drop in altitude) with an adjoining family climbing garden (from 10 years)
- Daily flying display at the Birds of Prey Park in Umhausen
- 15 aviaries for Eagles, vultures, Kites, Owls, Buzzards, Ravens & Hawks
- Learning path for the history of falconry
Adventure for the whole family in the “Widiversum” in Ötz. Spread over approx. 3000 square metres, you can go in search of the magic crystal in the gorge, in the wool play forest or in the spinning wheel diving station.
- 15 creative learn & play stations
- Easy to access with the gondola
Museums provide impressive insights into the culture of the region.
Turm museum Ötz
A journey through the architectural styles and outstanding paintings of Alpine landscapes.
Mountain farmer’s museum z’Bach
The farm complex with a mill and chapel from the 13th century offers: Surprise examples of everyday objects, craft demonstrations and a farm shop.
A trip to Innsbruck, the capital of the Alps, is worthwhile at any time of year. Animal lovers should not miss the Alpine Zoo.
- Young animals from April to June
- Birds from the beginning of March
- Enclosures, terrariums and aviaries with approx. 2000 animals
- Beaver, brown bear, elk, marmot, wolf, golden eagle, owl, otter, wild boar, roe deer, wild cat, chamois and many more