The valley floor of Niederthai and the landslide area at the Tauferberg inspire with a variety of natural treasures.
- Enjoy the view of the impressive Ötztal glaciers in a high alpine mountain landscape.
- The flower-rich meadows around Niederthai were used as arable land for the cultivation of potatoes, flax and grain until the 20th century.
- The character of the landscape is shaped by post-glacial landslides. The Stuibenfall was formed as a result of the Köfelser landslide, the largest in Austria.
- At the Mauslasee you can find ferns and horsetails and observe dragonflies, grass frogs and mountain newts.
- Pines, spruces, stone pines and larches accompany you on this route with a mystical ending at the last stretch through a forest.
difficulty | moderate
duration | ca. 1:30 h
distance | 4 km
ascent | hm
descent | hm