Cross country skiing in Niederthai is slowing down in its purest form. There isn’t another winter leisure activity that combines the feeling of freedom and closeness to nature so completely with the pleasure of skiing and healthy exercise. The lungs fill with air, your circulation is strengthened and the immune system mobilised.
Awarded the cross country skiing seal of quality by Tyrol, the cross country skiing Eldorado Ötztal, located at 1550 m above sea level, offers:
- 40-50 km of cross country tracks
- Classic and skating tracks
- Awarded with the seal of quality by Tyrol
Cross country tracks that couldn’t be more beautiful. The high-altitude cross country tracks take you into the wonderful world of the Ötztal Alps and open up the vastness of the valley which is covered with snow.
The high-altitude cross country ski tracks in Niederthai:
- 15 km classic trail (5 km easy, approx. 8 km medium and approx. 2 km difficult)
- 15 km skating track (5km easy, approx. 8 km medium and approx. 2 km difficult)
- All sections of the tracks are interconnected.
Let yourself be inspired and enjoy the added comfort of being a guest at the Falknerhof. The entrance to the tracks is on the doorstep. There is no easier and more comfortable way to get into the cross country skiing fun.
With thought and passion. We have specialised in the needs of winter sports enthusiasts away from the slopes: Competent advice from our in-house cross country skiing expert, the right equipment and numerous extras guarantee unforgettable holiday moments at the Falknerhof.
- Entrance to cross country tracks on the doorstep
- Free use of the tracks with the Niederthai card
- Perfectly groomed classic & skating tracks from December to spring
- Ski room for cross country equipment
- Ski and drying room
- Cross country info corner (cross country plan, tips for routes to take, weather forecast)
- Floodlit evening track
- Biathlon track
- Cross country course bookable in the hotel
- Equipment hire directly in the hotel
- Child equipment hire also possible
- Children’s courses possible
- Experience the kid’s fun park on cross country skis
Biathlon in Niederthai
If you have always wanted to have a go at biathlon, you’ll get the chance to try it out at the Niederthai cross country centre. Experience this complicated Nordic winter sport combining cross country skiing and shooting and compete against other participants. This is what awaits you at your biathlon experience in Tyrol:
- Complete equipment hire directly at the hotel
- 1km on the cross country track to the start of the biathlon
- State-of-the-art shooting range.