Exciting fly fishing of rainbow trout, Brown trout and char in our mountain streams
The Horlachbach is a fast-flowing mountain stream with cold, clean and oxygen-rich water.
The stream is clear throughout the summer, the area ranges from 1000m above sea level to over 2000m.
As equipment, you should procure a eight to nine foot-long rod of cord class 3 to 5 for the Horlachbach. Wading pants or wading boots (with felt soles) enormously facilitate fishing at normal water levels in summer and autumn (0.33 m³/sec. to 2.0 m³/sec.).
- 15 km mountain brook
- Width: 3 to 8 m
- Stock: Brown trout, chars, in the lower segment also rainbow trout
- On 2.500 m these lakes are only accessible on foot.
- Stock: Chars, lake and brown trout
Preconditions: Fly fishing / non-barbed hooks / catch and release
By the way: 1 fish may be used for preparation in our cuisine during your stay.
- Brown trout: 01 Oct to 28 Feb
- Rainbow trout: no closure period
- Brook trout: 01 Oct to 31 March
- Lake trout: 01 Oct to 28 Feb
- Day-ticket € 40,00
- National fishery fee once per year € 25,00
In our shop you will find suitable nymphs and flies.
Price adjustments reserved!
Here you can find an up-to-date overview with seasons, prices and all the important information about fly fishing in Tyrol: Flyer Fly Fishing 2021